Riċetta ta' Anton B. Dougall
- 500g stale bread
- 600ml milk
- 200g sugar
- 100g margarine
- 3 eggs
- Grated rind of half a lemon
- Grated rind of half an orange
- 40g drinking chocolate powder
- 40g cocoa powder
- 100g sultanas
- 100g currants
- Mixed spice
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Vanilla essence
1. Put bread in a large mixing bowl. Cover completely with water and soak for 15 minutes. Put in colander. Drain bread properly. You have to use your hands to remove as much water as possible.
2. Preheat the oven 1800C, Gas Mark 4.
3. Grease and flour a large baking dish.
4. Cut margarine in small pieces and add to bread. Mix well.
5. Add all the other ingredients. Continue mixing till all ingredients blend completely.
6. Pour mixture into the baking dish.
7. Level top with the back of a spoon.
8. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
9. This pudding can be served either warm or else cold.
For more food inspiration, visit our recipes page here.